[breadcrumb]

Katarinental Village, Beresan District, Ukraine

May, 2004

Photographs by Bettsy Madison Williams, Missoula, Montana

St. Michael's Catholic Church, Kandel

Navitity of Mary Catholic Church, Mannheim

Catholic Church of the Assumption, Selz


Photo Set 13:

View of Katharinental as one enters the village. Katharinental is the only former German Beresan village to maintain its female name throughout its history.
Same view of Katharinental, west side.
The pond where the cattle are watered.
The markers in the center of Katharinental where once stool the Catholic Church; (left to right): Agatha Doll Madison, her daughter, Bettsy Madison Williams, and granddaughter, Emily Madison. There generations of the Madison family have now visited Katharinental.
Katarinental Cultural Museum; (left to right): Agatha Doll Madison, curator Antonina Ivanovna, Bettsy Madison Williams, and Emily Madison. The tree behind them has the names of the German families who in 1938 were either executed or deported to Siberia.

Permission to use any images from the GRHC website may be requested by contacting Michael M. Miller
North Dakota State University Libraries
Germans from Russia Heritage Collection
Libraries
NDSU Dept #2080
PO Box 6050
Fargo, ND 58108-6050
Tel: 701-231-8416
Fax: 701-231-6128
Last Updated:
Director: Michael M. Miller
North Dakota State University Library North Dakota State University North Dakota State University GRHC Home