The IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program offers free tax preparation assistance and electronic filing to people who make $51,000 or less a year. Volunteers can provide information about special tax credits such as Earned Income Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit, and Credit for the Elderly or the Disabled.
VITA volunteers will be in room 14 (computer cluster) of the Main Library on the following Mondays from 6:00pm to 8:30pm:
Please bring the following items:
- Prior year's tax return
- ID (and your spouse's ID, if applicable)
- Social Security cards for all people being claimed on the return
- All W-2's, forms 1099, Social Security Statements, Interest and Dividend Statements, or any other income items
- Any expense items such as home mortgage interest, Real Estate taxes, checks/receipts for contributions (if you think you can itemize), education expenses for college, etc.
- Proof for direct deposit (checkbook or a voided check)